St Andrew’s Volunteer Program was established in 2015 in response to strong community interest. Our volunteers, both male and female, come from a diverse range of backgrounds and possess many attributes which help enhance the overall experience of our patients whilst in hospital.
- Meet and greet patients at reception
- Provide information and directions to patients and visitors
- Accompany patients throughout the hospital
- Assist wards with administrative duties: chart preparation and photocopying
- Deliver books and magazines to patients’ rooms
- Provide hand massages to help patients relax
- Provide tea and coffee to patients and their guests
- Provide companionship and a friendly chat
Volunteers of St Andrew’s Ipswich receive complementary:
- Tea, coffee, lunch and
- Support from our Volunteer Coordinator
St Andrew’s volunteers are also recognised at events during the year; including International Volunteer Week and end of year celebrations.
Please contact Karen Brennan on 07 3816 9962 or BrennanK@ramsayhealth.com.au for more information or to apply to become a St Andrew’s Ipswich Volunteer.