For Visitors: Visiting Hours
- General Wards: 8am – 8pm daily. Visits outside these hours are to be arranged in
consultation with the Nurse Unit Manager
- Maternity Unit and Surgical Unit: 8am – 1pm and 3pm – 8pm daily
1pm – 3pm daily – Ward closed (rest period) – No phone calls or visitors
- Maternity ONLY: Partners may stay overnight but must sign in at Reception.
- ICU/CCU – Visiting hours are restricted and limited to immediate family only. Visitors with children should check with the Registered Nurse in charge.
- Arrangements for visiting outside usual visiting hours can be made in consultation with the nursing staff
- Relatives may stay with critically ill patients for extended periods, as may parents with their children.
- Should you wish not to have visitors &/or telephone calls, please inform the Nurse Unit Manager or the Nurse looking after you.
- An adult must accompany children who are visiting at all times.
- Day Procedure Unit: Due to limited space, visitors are restricted. One (1) person may accompany the patient. Where the patient is a child there may be two (2) adults accompanying that child. Children may be accommodated in Paterson Ward instead of the Day Surgery Unit.
- There is NO accommodation available in the hospital but there is information at Reception about Motel accommodation.