St Andrew’s Ipswich Private Hospital provides a suite of on-site cardiac services to patients of the Ipswich and West Moreton Region. Our cardiac services are supported by:
- A dedicated 5 bed Coronary Care Unit (with advanced monitoring equipment)
- An 8 bed Cardiac Telemetry Unit
- An invasive Cardiac Catheter Laboratory and
- A team of experienced medical and nursing staff
St Andrew’s Coronary Care Unit affords patients the choice or receiving local cardiac care; without the need to travel to Brisbane for treatment and management of heart attack, angina and arrhythmias. The unit also provides a referral service for patients requiring Cardiac Rehabilitation; to support physical and psychological recovery following an acute cardiac event.
Cardiac Catheter Laboratory
St Andrew’s Ipswich Private Hospital welcomed the completion of its state-of-the-art Cardiac Catheter Laboratory in February 2014; the laboratory commenced invasive coronary interventions later that year.
Procedures performed within the laboratory include:
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary intervention
- Insertion of pacemakers
- Transoesophageal echocardiograms
- Vascular and pain management procedures