St Andrew’s Ipswich Opens New Development
Nov 01, 2018
On Friday 26th October 2018 St Andrew’s Ipswich Private Hospital welcomed the official opening of their new development.
In a year of key developments, the unveiling ceremony at St Andrew’s Ipswich signified the completion of Ramsay Health Care’s largest brownfield development in recent times. Officially opened by Ms Jennifer Howard, MP, the event was attended by Mr Craig McNally, CEO & Managing Director Ramsay, and Mr Danny Sims, CE0 Ramsay Australia.
Following Ramsay Health Care Acquisition in 2005, St Andrew’s Ipswich Private Hospital, has confirmed itself as the chief quality provider of private health care services of the region. Together with previous investments, this $64 million development ensures that the hospital is best placed to meet the growing health care demands of the community.
Completion of the development project occurred in late August. At this time St Andrew’s Ipswich welcomed the region’s first Private Emergency Centre together with:
- A new Intensive Care Unit
- New operating theatres and sterilising department
- New Maternity Ward and 3 new labour delivery suites
- A 6-Chair Renal Dialysis Unit
- 81 new private patient rooms (increasing capacity to 178 beds)
- A 3-level multideck car park
- A redesigned 21 bed Rehabilitation Ward
- A new 8 Chair Infusion CENTRE
- New front entry, expanded reception and retail pharmacy
Completion of the development affords patients the choice of receiving comprehensive care locally; without having to travel to Brisbane to receive similar services. A new multi-deck complimentary patient and guest car park also alleviates the pressure of accessing the hospital when in need.