St Andrew’s Volunteer Program was established in 2015 in response to strong community interest. Our volunteers, both male and female, come from a diverse range of backgrounds and possess many attributes which help enhance the overall experience of our patients whilst in hospital.
- Meet and greet patients at reception
- Provide information and directions to patients and visitors
- Accompany patients throughout the hospital
- Assist wards with administrative duties: chart preparation and photocopying
- Deliver books and magazines to patients’ rooms
- Provide hand massages to help patients relax
- Provide tea and coffee to patients and their guests
- Provide companionship and a friendly chat
Volunteers of St Andrew’s Ipswich receive complementary:
- Tea, coffee, lunch and
- Support from our Volunteer Coordinator
St Andrew’s volunteers are also recognised at events during the year; including International Volunteer Week and end of year celebrations.
Our Volunteer Program is currently full. Please check this website again in the next few months for updates regarding future volunteer opportunities.