The Birth Suites are located on Level 3 which is accessed via the Women and Children’s Health Services. Our spacious birth suites are individually fitted with:
- Modern hotel style furnishings
- Private ensuites with Vichy massage showers
- Flat screen TVs with Foxtel
- Modern monitoring and resuscitation equipment
At St Andrew’s Ipswich we offer new parents your own comfortable private room with ensuite, television, Wi-Fi and telephone. Your newborn will room in with you. Your partner or support person is welcome to stay overnight – we provide a comfortable convertible sleeper lounge for them to sleep on. Meals are available for partners and may be purchased from our kitchen. Children are not able to stay overnight.
There are also deluxe family suites (subject to availability) with a spacious room including queen-sized bed and ensuite bathroom - providing a relaxed, intimate space for your new family to bond.
Special Care Nursery
Our Special Care Nursery is a Level 2 Facility, meaning that we can accommodate babies born from 32 weeks or who were born earlier than this and have reached key milestones. Our Special Care Nursery is a spacious and modern, self-contained, secure department well equipped to care for your baby. Read more >>
Well Baby Clinic
Our Well Baby Clinic provides additional support and assistance to new parents. The clinic is run by our experienced midwives and lactation consultants who will be able to assist with the following for you and your baby:
- Full range of support with infant feeding, breast or bottle
- General advice and support on infant care and nutrition
- Infant growth and development assessment
- A friendly face to talk to about baby routines: sleep, settling, feeding
Our Well Baby Clinic offers two options:
- Newborn Clinic 0 to 6 weeks: weekly visits
- Baby Milestone Clinic 6 weeks to 12 months: fortnightly or monthly visits are available depending on your needs.
Please talk to our Maternity Care Navigator about bookings and current costs for this service, prior to your discharge from hospital.
When you attend the clinic please be sure to bring your baby’s Personal Health Record and write down any questions you may have to discuss. Your appointments will be made prior to your discharge. Please phone 07 3816 9360 should you be unable to attend your appointment.