While You’re With Us
The birth of your baby and the days following are a very special time. At St Andrew’s Ipswich Private Hospital we work to ensure your stay with us is as restful and relaxing as possible. Your length of stay with us will be dependent on your individual birth experience – on average patients who experience a vaginal birth stay 2 to 4 days while patients who give birth by Caesarean section stay between 3 and 5 days.
Our philosophy embraces a belief in the benefits of partners being involved in a “hands-on” parenting experience from delivery: ensuring they are present to provide physical and emotional support to their partner. Partners are welcome at all times in our Maternity Unit to support you and bond with your new baby. Overnight accommodation and meals are also available for partners.
What to bring into hospital:
In the weeks leading up to your baby’s birth you may have a lot on your mind. The list below includes some of the items to ensure you include in your hospital bag ready for your big day.
- Four packets of sanitary pads – 2 maternity / 2 regular
- Nightwear and casual wear for day time
- Footwear (to be worn at all times outside of your room)
- Underwear & bras (nursing bras if breastfeeding)
- Formula (if you plan to bottle feed, 2 bottles & teats)
- Baby blankets, clothes and disposable nappies (N.B. we provide wraps, clothes & cloth nappies but you are welcome to bring your own)
- Items for use in your birthing plan (music, stress balls, essential oils etc)
We welcome patient’s friends and family wishing to help celebrate the birth of your new baby and our visiting hours are from 8am – 1pm, 3pm – 8pm. daily