Know My Midwife Program (KMM)
The Know My Midwife program gives mums-to-be the very best in Midwifery Continuity-of-Care through the coordination of regular antenatal & postnatal appointments with our highly experienced Midwives and your chosen Obstetrician.
This gives you the opportunity to form meaningful and trusted relationships with those who will be with you on your path to motherhood.
How does the Know My Midwife Program work?
Once we have received a referral from your Obstetrician or you complete the enquiry below, our Maternity Navigator will make contact with you to arrange your initial Know My Midwife antenatal appointment.
The Midwife and your Obstetrician will share your care. They will collaboratively provide you and your loved ones with individual care and follow you through your motherhood journey.
There are no out-of-pocket costs to participate in the Know My Midwife program and appointments are held in our Maternity Clinics, Level 3 – Women’s & Children’s Services. The KMM program gives you the unique ability to get to know the ward, our staff and to feel comfortable within this environment before your admission.
Watch some of our team discuss the Know My Midwife Program
What does Know My Midwife offer?
- Midwifery care by highly skilled Midwives
- Shared care experience, supportive of your Obstetrician
- Support for mothers-to-be and partners
- Antenatal Care from 20wks gestation
- Postnatal care up to 6 weeks
- Parenting education and Support
- Breastfeeding education and Support
- Access to Lactation Consultants
- Ward tour
- Appointments are Medicare rebatable – so no out-of-pockets costs
How to book your initial appointment
If you’d like to take part in the program and have already booked in with your chosen St Andrew's Ipswich Private Hospital Obstetrician, please ask your Obstetrician for a referral at your earliest appointment and we’ll do the rest.
- Interested in Know My Midwife, but don’t yet have an Obstetrician? Visit our specialist page here to choose an Obstetrician.
- If you’d like more information or have a specific question on the program, simply complete the form below & we’ll get back to you.
If you have any queries or would like to reschedule an appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact us
Call: (07) 3816 9360
If you are interested in participating in the KNOW MY MIDWIFE program please fill out the form below.